Sunday 12 February 2017

RTT Episode #21

Flying solo this month, which is why it's so late!

SHOW NOTES:

•••[00:00:50] Games of Interest►►►
Pandemic Legacy Season 2, Notre Dame 10th Anniversary, In the Year of the Dragon 10th Anniversary, The City of Kings, Aeon's End: Eternal War, Clank! Sunken Treasures, Card City 2, Die Gärten von Versailles, Detective: City of Angels, Valletta, Bear Park, El Dorado, Mystic Vale: Das Tal der Magie & der Wildnis, Pit Crew, Port Royal: The Adventure Begins, Professor Evil and the Citadel of Time, Quadropolis: Public Services, Seventh Cross, Santo Domingo, Thrash n Roll: Amplified, Steam Ship Company, CO2 2nd edition, Brasil, Loot Island

•••[00:51:05] BGG Top 100-50 Countdown

•••[01:38:05] Top 10 Revisit: My first games

•••Direct MP3 link: https://archive.org/download/RTT005_201805/RTT021.mp3
•••Subscribe: http://feeds.feedburner.com/RahdoTalksThrough
•••Send your questions to questions@rahdo.com

3 comments:

  1. Great podcast, as usual! I definitely had my eye on that Notre Dame reprint, since I haven't played it yet and have heard mostly good things about it (plus, it has a mini-expansion to Castles of Burgundy, which is my current favorite game).

    I was hoping for some advice, though: My group tend to like lighter games, and I'm just now coaxing them into trying some Euros. They liked Burgundy, but found it a bit heavy. They like Viticulture a lot. Do you think I should go for the Notre Dame reprint, or should I consider Bruges instead? What would be the pros and cons of either decision?

    If you get a free minute, I'd love to know your thoughts. Either way, keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. notre dame could be offputting because some people don't respond well to being punished by the game if they don't play optimally (although if they're enjoying viticulture and they're playing with the original shipped rules, maybe they're used to punishment for bad plannning). the problem with bruges is that it's daunting to look at a hand of cards, all of which have many different uses, and figure out what to do, especially since you can't help them since you can't see their cards. a lighter feld game to try might be oracle of delphi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! My group also really enjoys Among the Stars, which has an element of multi-use cards (you can play the card, get money, get a reactor, or invite an ambassador)... I'll have to re-watch your run-through of Bruges to see if it would be too big a step beyond that.

      Of course, Bruges doesn't seem to be in print anyway, but I assume it will get reprinted.

      Anyway, thanks again! Love your reviews!

      Delete